It is better to avoid pregnancy when a couple is not ready or when it is unwanted. You have to take the correct decision at the correct time. Contraceptive tablets are the best and safer option to avoid pregnancy. There are huge varieties of contraceptives available in the market like Unwanted21 Days that helps in planning your family.
A Safer Way
Birth Control tablets are taken to prevent conception. The tablet contains a combination of estrogen and progestogen, which helps to inhibit female fertility. It works by thickening cervical mucus, making it difficult for sperm to enter the uterus. It also affects the lining of uterus and makes it difficult for an egg to attach to the uterus wall. It is almost safe and effective if taken in a proper manner.
Types of Birth Control tablets
- Combination tablets – It contains both estrogen and progestin.
- Progestin tablets – It contains progestin only. It is also called Minipill.
As there are several types of combination tablets like monophasic, multiphasic and extended regimens. While choosing birth control tablets you have a number of options. It is not necessary that every type of pill is appropriate for you. Talk to your doctor first, which option would work best for you.
- It makes periods lighter, regular and more manageable.
- It is easier to use than other contraceptive methods.
- It does not affect fertility
- It can be used at any age
- It is good to reduce acne.
- It lowers the risk of developing ovarian cancer, anemia, ectopic pregnancy, endometrial cancer, and pelvic inflammatory disease.
BCP – how and How Much?
You need a prescription to use birth control tablets. Combination tablets come in a variety of schedules, including monthly packs, where you might have 21-, 24-, or 28-day cycles. Take one tablet each day at the same time of the day. You will get your period during the week you are not taking hormones. Progestin-only tablets come in packs of 28.
Apart from contraceptive tablets there are also many options to avoid pregnancy
- Progesterone Injection –It is injected into a muscle of the arm or buttock. The injection must be repeated every 3 months. The menstruation can become irregular and sometimes even absent.
- IUD –which is an intrauterine device. This T-shaped device inserted into uterus and can be conveyed for 5-10 years. It is very effective in stopping an unplanned pregnancy.
- Diaphragm and Sponge with Spermicide –You can avoid pregnancy by using a a diaphragm, a flexible cup in the vagina to block sperm from entering the uterus, use with spermicide. The sponge is soft foam coated with spermicide and safe birth control. It looks like a donut, and covers the cervix when you insert it into your vagina.
- Birth control ring –It is soft, flexible ring that has to be inserted into the vagina and works by giving off hormones that prevent your ovaries from releasing eggs. There is no need to change it every day as it is effective for 3 weeks.
- Depot contraceptive injections –It is an injection containing medroxyprogesterone and very effective for 150 days. No periods occur while using this method.
- Female Sterilization/ tubectomy –It is a permanent form of contraception. It is done surgically. It blocks the fallopian tubes and prevents future pregnancies.
Image Courtesy: efde